Many behavioural problems found in classrooms arise from ambiguous, uncertain or inconsistent communication. These are compounded when individual teachers and wider school systems fail to consistently reinforce expectations, sanctions and consequences for all learners. Without consistency, it becomes much harder for learners to know what is expected of them and what they need to do to be successful.
When planning behaviour management training, Mike always takes time to get to know the client, whether that is a primary school, secondary school, FE college, MAT or LA. Finding out how learners behave when in school or college is crucial, as is gaining a clear insight into how teachers currently manage beahviour – or where they fail to do so. Armed with an understanding of the client’s needs, Mike will then prepare a bespoke set of sessions that form the basis of the training, INSET or CPD. Example topics that Mike can focus on include:
- Understanding the Classroom as a Social Space and What This Means for Behaviour Management
- Examining the Psychological Aspects of Classroom Behaviour
- Communication, Clarity and Consistency: The Cornerstones of Effective Behaviour Management
- Teacher Language in the Classroom and the Messages it Conveys
- Using Praise and Sanctions to Secure Good Behaviour
- Planning with Good Behaviour in Mind
- Dealing with Difficult Behaviour and Difficult Situations
Whether you’re looking for full day INSET, half-day training or a twilight CPD session, Mike is happy to develop behaviour management training to meet the needs of your school or college. Get in touch today and Mike will get back to you by email or phone to discuss your needs.
Example Full Day Behaviour Management INSET
- Session 1: Exploring the Fundamentals of Effective Behaviour Management
- Session 2: Building Rapport and Raising Students’ Expectations of Themselves
- Session 3: The Right Language at The Right Time
- Session 4: Tools and Techniques to Plan for Good Behaviour
Book an INSET or CPD Training Day for Your Teaching Staff
For more information on Mike’s Behaviour Management INSET, training and CPD then please get in touch.
Contact Mike Gershon